Reception is often the first point of contact for all guests, either on the telephone, email or face to face. You will be a people person and enjoy interacting with guests to make them feel welcome. You will also need to be patient, understanding and be willing to listen.
- To provide a warm welcome to all guests and assist them in a courteous, helpful manner with registration and when checking out of the hotel.
- To operate the hotel switchboard, answering it to the company standard.
- To deal with guest enquiries, either by fax, telephone, letter or verbally.
- To ensure high standards of service are maintained in reception.
- To ensure the hotels Property Management system (PMS) is being used correctly, effectively and managed on a daily basis.
- To assist the Reservations Manager with group & tour business by preparing welcome packs, acting as host when coaches arrive and helping guests and colleagues with luggage.
- To monitor all guest accounts, ensuring all charges are posted correctly with supporting documentation and that the hotels systems, procedures and controls are followed.
This is a full time position consisting of evenings, weekends and Duty Management.